Fantasy Football PPR Pre Season Top 30
(RB1, QB4 etc. are showing the order at each position, and how many of each I have ranked)
This list is my early rankings of the top 30 players out of the QB, RB and WR positions. I will evaluate the TE position soon, and will include them into my overall rankings next Saturday. I generally play in a 10 to 12 team league, and find that this list can also act as a 3 Round Mock, which is why I have it separated after every 10 picks.
1. Lesean McCoy RB1 – Was a TD machine, plays in a loaded offense and will produce in the receiving category.
2. Arian Foster RB2 – Same as above, I figure these two will both be taken 1st in many leagues.
3. Ray Rice RB3 – Rice has been very consistent and is easily the best player on his offense.
4. Aaron Rodgers QB1 – The 1st QB. Rodgers has proved his consistency, and can get you points through the air and on the ground.
5. Maurice Jones Drew RB4 – Similar to Rice, MJD was a beast last year leading the league in rushing. You have to wonder about his durability with the amount of carries he gets every year, but he should be a lock for 1700 total yards and 10-15 td’s.
7. Matt Forte RB5 – Forte is one of the last ‘ sure things ‘ at the RB position, and is now in a very talented offense with Cutler and the addition of Brandon Marshall. Cutler should target Marshall often and open up even more room for Forte this season.
8. Calvin Johnson WR1 – Calvin Johnson has raised himself to one of the elite players regardless of any position in the league. Pros: TD’s, lots of targets and his playmaking ability. Cons: Just got paid, Madden curse. He should be the first WR taken in most drafts.
9. Adrian Peterson RB6 – Peterson would be above of Forte and probably make a case for being taken 1st overall if he hadn’t injured his knee. I have him placed here due to my skepticism about his health, but he could wind up being a steal at the end of round 1.
10. Andre Johnson WR2 – Before last season he was averaging about 100 catches and 1450 yards a season for the prior 3 years. He has yet to be a double digit TD producer, but as long as him and Schaub are healthy he should get back to that level.
Value Watch: 6 RB’s taken, 2 QB’s, 2 WR’s
11. Marshawn Lynch RB7 – Lynch ended the last half of the season on a tear, and was a TD scoring machine. The Seahawks recently acquired Matt Flynn and should have Sidney Rice back healthy, which are both good things for Lynch. He isn’t a big receiving option, but if he can produce 1500 total yards and 12-15 td’s he will be worth taking.
12. Darren McFadden RB8 – It’s always boom or bust with McFadden. In 2010 he showed us what he’s capeable of with 1600 total yards and 10 td’s, yet let everyone down last year. If he can stay healthy, he is the Raiders offense, and without Michael Bush, he should have the opportunity to make alot of plays this year.
13. Michael Turner RB9 – Turners had back to back 1300 yard rushing seasons, and is just a few years removed from a 1,699 yard season. He also has had more than 10 td’s 4 years in a row. If this wasn’t a PPR league, he’d be rated higher, but he doesn’t factor into the passing offense very often.
14. Wes Welker WR3 – Welker gets catches, and last year showed he can get in the end zone. With 122, 1,569 and 9 TD’s, you could argue him being ahead of Andre Johnson. He’s Brady’s #1, and he could even be higher than this.
15. Cam Newton QB4 – Newton blew up last year. I was one of the people fortunate enough to snag him up in Free Agency after nobody drafted him. 4,700 total yards and 35 total TD’s. That’s elite production, and in an offense with 2 good running backs, defenses shouldn’t be able to key on Steve Smith, the only question is if he can duplicate the 14 rushing TD’s last year.
16. Tom Brady QB5 –
17. Roddy White WR4
18. Mike Wallace WR5
19. Brandon Marshall WR6
20. Ryan Matthews RB10
21. Larry Fitzgerald WR7
22. AJ Green WR8
23. Matt Stafford QB5
24. Phillip Rivers QB6
25. Jamaal Charles RB11
26. Mike Vick QB7
27. Victor Cruz WR9
28. Reggie Bush RB12
29. Trent Richardson RB13
30. Eli Manning QB8